Both my parents worked in Dentistry, my father was a triple professor in Dentistry and my mother worked in the dental laboratory and assisted my father as a dental nurse. Both worked with mercury amalgam and other dental restorative metals.
In those days, mercury was added to a silver amalgam and mixed by hand in a little rubber cup. Their exposure to mercury was high to say the least. During my mother’s pregnancy this mercury was passed though the placenta and later through the breast milk to me, so I was born and grew up with a high body burden of toxins. Then one day as a 6-year- old I sneaked in to the surgery and played with the wonderfully glistering little mercury bubbles that just could not be caught, what ever you tried.
I became acutely toxic and suffered the consequences. For months on end I was put on high protein and fat diet and supplements to remove the body burden of mercury. Later in my early twenties, when I became a dental student and had to mix mercury amalgam, I revisited the symptoms of toxicity but in a much more severe way. My adrenal, immune and thyroid function began to fail, I put on a lot of weight quickly and could hardly walk to the bus stop without being exhausted.